French fries could very well be my favorite food, and I started playing around and came up with this tasty recipe. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
This recipe yeilds about two generous servings.
– 2 Potatoes, Washed and Sliced into Strips or Wedges (You can Leave the Skin On)
– 1 TBS. Coconut Oil
– 1/2 TBS. Cumin
– 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
– 1 tsp. Onion Powder
– 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (Can Be Adjusted Depending on How Spicy You Like it)
– 1 tsp. Coarse Sea Salt
– 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1) Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix the spices and the Coconut Oil into a paste.
3) Add the sliced potatoes into the bowl, and use your hands to thoroughly mix them into the oil and seasonings. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
4) Lay the seasoned potatoes onto a cookie tray (it’s okay if they overlap a bit), and then place them into the oven for about 40 minutes. You can flip the fries about halfway through a more thorough crunch.
5) Allow the fries to cool, and then you can plate them and eat up! As easy as that.
I like to pair these with spicy black bean burgers, or eat them on their own for a good snack! They’re a healthier alternative to deep fried potatoes, and a yummy way to add more coconut oil into your diet, and make a good surprise for your friends on finals week (: